Types of Sharks: a Mammal or Fish? About Facts and Other Interesting Questions

is shark megalodon mammal

Types of Sharks – Most people think of a shark as a big violent predator with very sharp teeth ranging the sea in search of food. But in fact, there are over 400 different species of sharks. Did you know that sharks are some of the most amazing and most misunderstood creatures on the planet? …

Read moreTypes of Sharks: a Mammal or Fish? About Facts and Other Interesting Questions

All you need to know about Cartilaginous Fish

Cartilaginous fish definition is they are jawed vertebrates with combined fins, matched nares, scales, a heart with its chambers in sequence, and skeletons made of cartilage as opposed to bone. Chondrichthyans is the session that contains cartilaginous fish. The session is separated into two subclasses: Elasmobranchii (sharks, rays, skates, and sawfish) and Holocephali (chimaeras, in some cases …

Read moreAll you need to know about Cartilaginous Fish

Interesting Facts about Oceanic Whitetip Shark That Will Make Your Mouth Open

oceanic whitetip shark eat

Oceanic Whitetip Shark – One of the amazing things about sharks is you can find z large variety of them. Yes, take for example the oceanic white tip shark. This is also called the Carcharhinus longimanus. Other names have been associated with the shark such as Brown Miller’s sand bar shark, nigano shark, brown shark, …

Read moreInteresting Facts about Oceanic Whitetip Shark That Will Make Your Mouth Open

Wobbegong Shark: Meet the Lazy Yet Unique Carpet of Ocean

wobbegong shark feeding frenzy

Wobbegong shark – Some of the most interesting and fascinating creatures found in ocean, sharks are actually of over 400 species and people only know a few of them. Only few people are aware of the existence of wobbegong shark. They may have a funny a name, but they are quite real. Also, they may …

Read moreWobbegong Shark: Meet the Lazy Yet Unique Carpet of Ocean

20+ Smallest Shark in the World and You’ll Be Amazed After Knowing it

smallest shark Bristly Catshark

Most people think of a shark as a big violent predator with very sharp teeth ranging the sea in search of food. But in fact, there are over 400 different species of sharks. Did you know that sharks are some of the most amazing and most misunderstood creatures on the planet? So, for you to …

Read more20+ Smallest Shark in the World and You’ll Be Amazed After Knowing it

Is a Shark a Mammal or Fish? and Answers to Other Interesting Shark Questions

is shark megalodon mammal or fish

Is a Shark a mammal or fish? That is the question that is perhaps most commonly asked when talking about sharks. Since sharks give birth to pups, and a few species lay eggs, the common consensus is that sharks are mammals. Across the board, though, 70% of all sharks give birth, while the remaining 30% lay …

Read moreIs a Shark a Mammal or Fish? and Answers to Other Interesting Shark Questions